What is a volunteer?
Volunteers are people who support convention staff during the weekend to perform the tasks necessary for the convention to function properly. In exchange for their help, they may be creditors of various benefits during this or the next convention edition.
Being a volunteer is a commitment to the convention and it’s attendees. Any volunteering help is kindly welcomed, even if it’s just a few hours of service.
We have simplified the volunteer tasks so that those who support us can enjoy the event as much as any other attendee; however, before registering, we recommend that you carefully review what we ask for:
- Volunteers registered and called to Confuror 2023 will be assigned to clans based on the schedule in which they can contribute.
- Both people who already have a Confuror registration and those who do not will be able to participate. The required support time to be eligible for a reward varies depending on whether the person has a Confuror registration or not.
- Volunteers are committed to fulfilling their duties during their assigned hours. Tasks will be simple, focusing primarily on greeting and orienting visitors, setting up and setting down areas, and monitoring the event.
- Volunteers agree to report to their assigned areas on time and not leave before the end of their shift or the time they have committed to cover.
What is a clan?
It is a collaborative team that responds to a manager, facilitating communication, task assignment and time recording of collaboration. Each clan is identified by different species and operates during specific hours. These will be:
- Foxes (9:00 to 13:00 and 13:30 to 17:30)
- Lions (10:00 to 14:00 and 14:30 to 18:30)
- Dragons (11:00 to 15:00 and 15:30 to 19:30)
- Bats (7:00 to 9:00; 18:00 to 20:00 and 20:30 to 00:30)
- Owls (18:00 to 22:00 and 22:30 to 2:30)
Your fursona’s species does not define the clan you can belong to. It is only defined by the service schedule. As needed, you can belong to more than one clan. The clans with the closest hours to the night (Owls and Bats) will be elegible to volunteer housing.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
If you already have a Confuror 2023 registration and wish to volunteer, you can do so for any number of hours you would like to help. If you cover 16 hours or more for the entire weekend, you will be granted free general access in 2024.
If you do not have access to Confuror 2023, by volunteering you will be able to attend the event this year and take advantage of it during the times you are not serving. If you cover 24 hours or more during the whole weekend, you will also receive free general access in 2024.
Exclusive Catering will be available for volunteers.
What will I be asked to do as a volunteer?
This year, Confuror volunteers will focus on 4 main missions:
- Crowd management, either by correctly forming lines where required or clearing crowded areas. As well as orienting people on the location of spaces at the event.
- Securing the correct operation of the convention; making rounds across the installations to verify that everything is operating according to the plan and that the convention is not lacking supplies; in which case it will be required to reporting it.
- Activity assistance; in any activities requesting it. Missions arising from the activities of the event should be simple; such as access control to the rooms or transportation of supplies.
- Watch and be attentive to any incident at the event; no direct intervention will be required in the presence of conflicts, it is only required that you help us to be the eyes to detect them. Protocols will be in place to prevent, respond or, if necessary, summon security or health personnel that will be available for the event.
Volunteers will not be asked directly to support in the registration process, except for those who are interested in doing so, in which case they will be referred to the registration staff, specialized in that mission.
Register as a volunteer
To apply as a volunteer, please fill out the application form below. It will be open permanently, but a weekly cut-off will be made until the date of the event. Register as soon as possible to receive additional training. Confuror appreciates your support!
Can I volunteer without having a Confuror membership?Sure! If you missed the opportunity to get a membership online, but you want to volunteer at Confuror 2023 , you can apply. If you get selected you will have access to the event along with other benefits.
Can volunteers enjoy the event?Yes! Tasks are simple and volunteers are allocated so that they have time to enjoy the event while helping to make it possible.
As a volunteer, will I have something that identifies me to the public?Yes, volunteers on duty will wear a distinctive vest, in addition to a special badge. This vest may only be worn while on duty and must be returned at the end of service. The badge may be kept, as it will be personalized.