Death is inevitable, oblivion is not.
The Día de muertos tradition invites us to remember and honor the memory of those who no longer walk with us. We do not celebrate the death or the resting, but the life that came before and the life that continued thanks to those who were there. Our ancestors, our friends, our beloved ones.
With this in mind, we want to provide a space to remember the departed members of the community. If you knew someone within the Furry Fandom who passed away and wish to have them be included in our ofrenda, please register them in the form provided on this page. Some information is optional, we ask that you provide as much as you can in order to properly accommodate them in the ofrenda.
How to participate?
Data requirements are:
- Name or highlighted pseudonym of the deceased that you wish to be featured in the ofrenda.
- Other names or pseudonyms by which they where known or identified by.
- Photo or illustration of the deceased’s fursona, preferably as a profile picture or portrait.
- Date of death, at least month and year.
- Date of birth, optional.
- A short biography of the deceased (who where they?, what did they do?, what did they liked?) or a dedication written by you (a greeting, an eulogy or something you would like to say to them).
Additionally, we will request your email address and an alternative contact method so we can follow up on the registration of the deceased in the ofrenda and make clarifications on the data provided if necessary.
Ofrenda 2021 - 2022
Registered deceased persons will appear in the virtual ofrendas on our different platforms for Confuror Online 2021. The form will close on October 27 for the 2021 edition and will reopen back for registrations after Confuror Online 2021. Any new data will be included in our ofrendas during Confuror 2022 and be also included in The Furry Family Ofrenda project. Details for these will be announced at a later date.