Death is inevitable, oblivion is not.
The Día de muertos tradition invites us to remember and honor the memory of those who no longer walk with us. We do not celebrate the death or the resting, but the life that came before and the life that continued thanks to those who were there. Our ancestors, our friends, our beloved ones.
With this in mind, we want to provide a space to remember the departed members of the community. If you knew someone within the Furry Fandom who passed away and wish to have them be included in our ofrenda, please register them in the form provided on this page. Some information is optional, we ask that you provide as much as you can in order to properly accommodate them in the ofrenda.
How to participate?
Data requirements are:
- Name or highlighted pseudonym of the deceased that you wish to be featured in the ofrenda.
- Other names or pseudonyms by which they where known or identified by.
- Photo or illustration of the deceased’s fursona, preferably as a profile picture or portrait.
- Date of death, at least month and year.
- Date of birth, optional.
- A short biography of the deceased (who where they?, what did they do?, what did they liked?) or a dedication written by you (a greeting, an eulogy or something you would like to say to them).
Additionally, we will request your email address and an alternative contact method so we can follow up on the registration of the deceased in the ofrenda and make clarifications on the data provided if necessary.
2021 - 2022 Ofrenda reveal
During 2021 we began collecting data to include in the Virtual Ofrenda in collaboration with the project “The Furry Family Ofrenda”. This year, as part of our in-person event, we want to place in our Ofrenda the images of those who accompany us in memory. All those registered in 2021 will appear in our physical Ofrenda (while remaining in the project’s virtual world Ofrenda). If you want to ensure that someone appears in the Ofrenda, register them now. Any duplicate registrations will be merged.
The form will remain open until October 15.