What is a Fursuit Parade?
The Fursuit Parade is a decade long tradition at many furry conventions where attendees with fursuits get the opportunity to show them off in a parade for spectators and other attendees, aiming to celebrate, take photos or videos, meet and interact with them.
How will the Fursuit Parade take place at Confuror Online 2021?
For second year in a row, Confuror presents the virtual edition of the Fursuit Parade, consisting of a collaborative video integrated by many short videos of fursuiters from all over the world, showing the variety of species, colors, designs and personalities that make up our community.
No matter what part of the world you come from or what language you speak, everyone is welcomed! The video will be revealed during our live stream; we invite you to be present in our chats during the premiere.
How can you participate as a fursuiter in the Virtual Parade?
It doesn’t matter where you live in the world or if you haven’t been present at any Confuror edition before. All fursuiters are welcomed as long as they comply with the following:
- You have to wear a fursuit, at least head and paws (gloves). Try not to show human skin.
- It doesn’t matter if you record yourself alone or along with friends, as long as everyone wears a fursuit.
- The video you shoot must comply with the guidelines listed in this page.
- You must complete the application with all required fields by October 4, 2021. If two or more participants appear in the same video, only one representative needs to complete the application and include the information of the other participants.
You will find the registration form link at the bottom of this page. Record your video with the following guidelines and verify that it meets all the requirements before submitting it.
Guidelines for video recording
- You may record it with a cell phone, video camera, webcam, etc. But it must be recorded horizontally (landscape). Videos submitted in portrait orientation will be discarded.
- The maximum length is 10 seconds if you appear alone. If two or more participants appear together, the video may be 10 to 20 seconds long.
- Start by uncovering the camera lens and end the video by covering it back up. Use your creativity.
- Digital editing (overlaying elements, visual effects, etc.) is allowed but we recommend keeping it to a minimum.
- You may not include promotion to follow social networks or personal projects in any visual way, either digitally or through printed elements.
- Don’t worry about audio, as it will be replaced in the final edit by a music track.
- Everything you record for your participation must be strictly suitable for all ages. Your video may be discarded if in the judgment of the Confuror staff it does not comply with this requirement.
File and formats guidelines:
- Video files must be in MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV or WMV format.
- You must upload you file to any storage platform of your choice (Google Drive, One Drive, Dropbox, Mega, Etc). In the case of videos, they can be uploaded to Youtube, Vimeo or any other platform that allows you to keep videos “Unlisted”. Try to keep you video private until the event has ended.
- You must provide the direct link to your video file without using URL shorteners.
- Any changes required or made to your file must be notified by mail before the closing date of the call for entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.