This competition is suitable for all ages. No fursuit dancing or performance experience is required. Contestant applications will be receveid until October 14th. Let’s all get moving!
How will it be carried out?
Following categories are available:
- Partial Fursuit Solo: 1 contestant - Head, Hands/Paws and tail as minimum fursuit pieces.
- Full Fursuit Solo: 1 contestant - Full Fursuit.
- Group: 2 to 5 participants per group, either Full or Partial Fursuit.
It will be divided into two stages. A face-to-face closed-door elimination and the final competition in front of the public where only the 5 best participants in each category will participate.
Requirements and participation guidelines
- Be registered for Confuror 2022. The registration ID will be required. The application will be cancelled if this information cannot be verified.
- Carefully fill out the application form before October 14. No new applications will be accepted after this deadline.
- For the “Group” category, a representative or leader must fill out the registration form (only one form per group), providing the members’ information and the name of the team.
- Provide a music track through a download link (dropbox, Google drive or public link), it must comply with the requirements mentioned in the section “Characteristics of the music track”.
- Present yourself on the assigned pre-elimination date; Friday, October 21st. See the Pre-elimination section below.
- Contestants must show up at least 10 minutes in advance at the corresponding room and time, wearing the full or partial fursuit they will use to participate.
A participant will only be considered officially registered if they meet all the requirements and present themselves at the face-to-face elimination.
- Prepare your dance routine, selecting your track or mix and cutting it to the required length (2:30 min for Individuals; 3:00 min for groups). Save it according to the required characteristics below.
- Upload your track file to any cloud storage service and verify that the download link is publicly accessible.
- Fill out your application using the form provided, including the link to your track. For the group category, only one representative is required to fill out the application and include the information of the other participants.
Characteristics of the music track:
- Any musical genre is welcome. You may use a mix of music with no limit to the number of songs, as long as it complies with the assigned length per category.
- The audio of the track must be censored in case it includes words not suitable for all ages.
- The files must be in MP3 or WAV format.
- You must upload your file to any storage platform of your choice (Google Drive, One Drive, Dropbox, Mega, Etc) and provide the public link to your audio file without using URL shorteners.
- Any required changes to the track must be notified before the application deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to guarantee participation and qualify for the final stage, the following rules must be complied with:
- This contest is exclusively for Fursuiters, other costumes will not be accepted. The minimum pieces required to participate are head and gloves in the Individual Partial Fursuit category. In the Group category, both Partial and Complete Fursuits may participate.
- The contest is for all ages; the dance steps, visual elements presented and/or the musical track used must adhere to this and not contain vulgar words, references or insinuations of a sexual nature.
- The use of props such as dance sticks, hats, small toys or stuffed animals, etc. is allowed as long as they do not violate the above rule or the Confuror code of conduct.
- Any rude and/or malicious action during the performance leads to disqualification.
The staff reserves the right to discard any entries that do not comply with the rules herein.
- Performance: The quality of the dance and acting. Emphasis on the steps and movements of the participant.
- Originality: Creativity and variety of dance steps according to the rhythm.
- Stage Presence: Energy, confidence and fluency on stage, as well as the audience’s reaction.
Pre-elimination rounds for individual categories:
All participants must compete in a pre-eliminatory stage during the on-site event, scheduled on Friday, October 21st from 2:00pm to 4:00pm. Participation in the pre-eliminatory is a requirement to qualify for the final competition, only the top 5 participants in each category will participate in the final competition.
- The pre-eliminatory stage will be held privately, without access to the general public. Only the handlers of the participants may be present, maximum two per participant.
- The track will be the same as the one you would dance in the final competition in case of qualifying.
- It will be evaluated based on the same criteria of the competition (see “Scoring points”); except for the audience factor on “Stage Prescence”.
- If you qualify, you will be able to participate in the final competition of your category Sunday, October 23rd from 2:00pm to 5:00pm.
With all this in mind, are you ready to shine on stage?
We look forward to your submissions and see you at the 2022 edition of this dance competition.