This dance competition is for everyone! With or without a fursuit. A match between talents of the community who want to have a dance battle even if they don’t have or want to wear a fursuit for it.
How will it be carried out?
Anyone is welcome to join the competition. You may wear your fursuit if you wish, but it is not a requirement to participate. This competition is centered on 1-on-1 match-ups. The winners of each match-up moves on to the next round!
When you sign up for this battle, you will first present your dance in front of the jury at the casting during Confuror 2022. If you are chosen, you will enter into 1-on-1 matches until only one overall winner remains. Only 16 warriors will be chosen!
Requirements and participation guidelines
- Be registered for Confuror 2022. The registration ID will be required. The application will be cancelled if this information cannot be verified.
- Carefully fill out the registration form before October 16. No new registrations will be accepted after this deadline.
- Be 13 years of age or older to be eligible to participate.
- Provide four music track fragments of 30 to 60 seconds each by means of a download link (dropbox, Google drive or public link), must comply with the requirements mentioned in the section “Characteristics of the music tracks”.
- Show up on the assigned Casting date; Friday, October 21st. See the Casting section below.
- Participants must be present at least 15 minutes in advance in the corresponding room and at the corresponding time.
A participant will only be considered officially registered if they meet all the requirements and shows up at the casting.
- You should prepare a set of routines for 4 tracks of maximum 60 seconds, selecting your track or mix and trimming it to the required length. Save them according to the required characteristics below.
- Upload your track files to any cloud storage service and verify that the download link is publicly accessible.
- Fill out your application form using the form provided, including the links to your tracks.
Characteristics of the music tracks:
- Any musical genre is welcome. You may use a mix of music with no limit of songs, as long as it complies with the maximum duration of 60 seconds.
- The audio of the tracks must be censored in case it includes words not suitable for all ages.
- The files must be in MP3 or WAV format.
- You must upload your file to any storage platform of your choice (Google Drive, One Drive, Dropbox, Mega, Etc) publicly and provide the direct link to your audio file without using URL shorteners.
- Any required changes to the track must be notified before the deadline for submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to guarantee participation and move on to the final stage, the following rules must be complied with:
- This competition is rated PG-13 due to the nature of the “Floor Wars”; dance moves, visual elements presented and/or music track used must adhere to this and contain no vulgar words, sexual references or innuendo.
- Any excessive, provocative or inappropriate contact towards other competitors will be penalized. Disrespect or aggression within the event will result in the immediate disqualification of the participant and will carry the corresponding consequences.
- It will not be allowed to interrupt other dancers’ sets (occupy space on the dance floor or interfere with their turn).
- No gestures, signs and/or logos that could be considered offensive are allowed.
The staff reserves the right to discard any entries that do not comply with the rules herein.
When the participant steps onto the dance floor, a randomly chosen track from the 4 provided by the participant will start. They must perform the dance corresponding to that track or improvise. At the end of the track selected (30 - 60 seconds), their opponent will perform their own dance using a randomly selected track from their own set. The judges’ evaluation will point to a winner between the two, and the winner will move on to the next round.
In each round the winners of the previous rounds will face each other, the tracks of their set will be played randomly without repetition. During the casting, the best 16 participants will be selected and will compete in the first round. The best 8 will move on to the “Round of eight”. From this round, the best 4 will move on to the “Quarterfinals”, and from this round the two Final competitors will be defined.
On Friday, October 21, from 6:30pm to 8:30pm a catsing will be held for all registered participants. Each one will have the opportunity to present one of the four routines of their choice in front of the jury in order to demonstrate their abilities and aspire to be one of the 16 selected to participate in the battles.
All those registered must present themselves at the casting or they will be disqualified. Those selected will be announced that same night.
The most important thing about this battle is that you have fun! You will be able to dance freely and show how you move on stage, encourage your friends and keep the good vibes going!