Display your best works in the Confuror artshow. Show your work during the convention and if you wish, offer it for sale for your own income or include it in the Confuror 2022 charity auction. The funds raised by your piece at auction will be 100% destined for Desmitificando Tiburones.
What kind of artwork can participate?
- Graphic art pieces made with traditional techniques.
- Digital graphic art pieces printed on high quality materials or special presentation.
- Sculpture or modeling pieces in any technique or stable support.
To be included in the artshow, the artwork must be presented in a rigid format, appropriate for exhibition (frames, maria-luisas, etc.) or in the case of sculptures, be properly protected. They must also be related to the Furry Fandom and be suitable for the general public.
- Any artwork must be of the authorship of the person submitting it.
- Graphic works (printed or painted) must be presented on a rigid support suitable for hanging.
- Sculptures or models must be firm and have no loose parts that could fall or get lost; preferably, and if possible, they should be contained in an acrylic or similar exhibitor.
- The content of the works should be suitable for a general audience. Elements of nudity for artistic purposes or certain impact actions (use of substances, violence, among others) may be tolerated at the discretion of the staff. No explicit images or recreations of a sexual nature will be allowed.
In your request, a preview or sample image of your piece will be requested. In case there is any inconvenience with it, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives (if any). The staff reserves the right to prohibit the exhibition of any piece that does not meet the requirements set forth herein.
How can I include my works?
Register one or more works in the form below, filling in all the requested fields once for each piece you wish to apply.
Present your work(s) on Thursday, October 20th from 2:00pm in the room assigned as Gallery (Salón Orquidea), or during the rest of the exhibition days (Friday to Sunday). The pick up can be done on Sunday October 23rd from 5:00pm or at any time the artist requires it with previous notification.
Works presented must meet the exhibition requirements in order to be mounted. You must show up with your ID to deliver or pick up your pieces. Works that have not been previously registered on the form cannot be installed. The form will remain open until October 20th or until all available exhibition spaces are exhausted.
If you choose to offer your piece for sale, you will be asked to include contact details that we can display publicly for your prospective buyers. The sale is yours and so is the profit. Confuror will not intervene in the negotiation process and is not responsible for any sale or exchange. In the event that one of your pieces is sold during the event, you must present yourself with your ID to pick it up and deliver it to the buyer or notify us as soon as possible so that we can mark it as sold if you plan to exhibit it for a longer period of time and have agreed on a later delivery date. Only the artist-exhibitor will be able to pick up the pieces upon presentation of their ID and it is their responsibility to follow up on the status of the pieces.
Joining the charity auction
If you choose to donate the piece to the charity auction, it will automatically be brought to the auction at the close of the gallery. The auction will take place on Sunday at 6:00pm at Main Stage. The piece will be sold to the highest bidder and will be delivered to the highest bidder upon verification of payment of the amount bid. Your accreditation information will be announced to the public along with the piece during this auction. 100% of the funds from the sale will be donated to charity, this percentage is non-negotiable.
You may indicate a base bid amount, the auctioneer will try to raise the bid from the public but will negotiate the amount if necessary in order to ensure the sale. Only in the extraordinary case that the piece is not sold, you will be able to pick it back up at the end of the auction by presenting your ID.